Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Reflections

When I sit back and really think about 2007 it's amazing how much our lives have changed in just one year. Matt said goodbye to one big love in his life---Fighting Bulls---and said hello to a completely new one---Jaxon. He's still understandably lost without Missouri rodeos to look forward to. I still see the fire and hunger in his eyes that's only satisfied by the dirt and the dust and the rank bulls and loud music of Outlaw rodeos. I always thought he was at his best and happiest place when he was fighting bulls. That was until I saw him with Jaxon. When I look around and see his buckles and his trophy saddle I am proud and amazed at how talented he is at fighting bulls. He's a terrific father, and I hope he realizes how much we appreciate that he sacrificed one love for another!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MICHELLE THAT IS SO SWEET. I TOLD HIM WHEN HE RETIRED THAT HIS LIFE WAS ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER.... AND IT HAS. WE MISS SEEING YOU ALL AT THE OUTLAW SHOWS, SO COME VISIT SOME TIME . HAPPY NEW YEAR!
ADREINNE

Anonymous said...

So when are you two gonna bring Jax to his first Missouri rodeo?

Doug